Followers

Tuesday 7 April 2020

Easter Count Down Sign Silhouette Cameo

In your software open your file in the design space. The first one is the Arrow. Increase the size do it here so all your pieces going to fit.
Now to open your 2nd file which is the Easter eggs circle frame. Open up a new tab and add design. Now copy the design and paste it to the design space which is your 1st tab where arrow is. Place the egg circle in the arrow decrease the size of it so it fits inside of the arrow. Once satisfied with the size move it away from the arrow. I put mine beside the page. Now to open another tab this is for the Floral Easter Bunny do the same as the Easter circle frame so it fits inside the arrow. I added the font Pinky cream for the “Easter Count Down” I did offset on it then make sure you highlight both of them and copy then paste to the arrow and decrease the size to fit it comes comes in 3 parts so you can play about with it. 




 Cut each of your files one by one. By going to the send screen. Where you’ll find loads of options to cut. Click on the type of blade your using as you can see with my photos I use rachet blade. For the type of card used, click on material drop down list and click on card stock plain. The rest of the settings will automatically change. For the chipboard and chalkboard vinyl do the same with drop down material settings and find them in the list and cut them out.






As you can see in my photo I cut out 2 of everything except for the font just one of each and the Easter egg circle frame as I cut 2 with card and 3rd cut was for Chalkboard vinyl. I used wet glue to glue the 2 chipboard Arrows together and while that drying which doesn’t take long I glued the 2 Easter eggs circle frame together  and the Floral Easter Bunny together and glued the Font onto the backing layer and finally glued the card onto the Arrow then it’s time to add all the parts onto the Arrow 




As you can see from the photo. I’ve made the yellow(sunflower) to be on the top. The parts that came out of the egg from the cutting of the cricket (Green colour)  I used them put in the eggs as photo shows and the remaining of the blackboard vinyl also to fill the eggs up. And the main part of the circle frame I used the cut out of the blackboard vinyl part to put in the centre of the egg circle frame. I used a spare dot from the blackboard vinyl to put on the Bunny acting as his eye and finally added string to the back of the sign.
Here is my complete finished Easter Count down sign with my Grandson modeling it off.

This Easter sign was easy to do even using 3 different files I absolutely loved making this. I will be using this again for more Easters to come and could adapt the sign and bring more or less into it. This is a relaxing project to do at anytime and this would be great fun time for children to join in and help you with it.

Materials used are
Silhouette Chalkboard Vinyl
Silhouette Chipboard
Precision card stock 
colours are Cascade, Cricket and Sunflower 
Wet Glue


Products Used
Design Store Design Used

No comments:

Post a Comment